Fees are determined on an insurance, fee-for-service, or sliding scale basis. I am a paneled provider with most major insurance companies. Please check with me to determine if I am able to accept your insurance. Otherwise, self-pay sessions are available. Cost for services and your payment plan will be determined before we meet for our initial session. We will work together to determine an affordable and sustainable cost for you and your family.
Payment is due at the time of your session. Cash and checks are acceptable forms of payment. Insurance co-payments are also due at the time of service. Fee-for-service is $125 for individual, couples, and family sessions. Sliding scale sessions may be as low as $70 per session, based on your financial circumstances.
Benefits of Private Pay Therapy:
Private pay is an option that many people choose instead of using insurance because of several important benefits:
· You, your partner, or family member will never receive a mental health diagnosis
· Increased confidentiality of health and medical records
· No fixed limit on the number of sessions
· Affordable and flexible payment options
· Ability to set your own goals and course of treatment
· Private pay coverage can sometimes offer a financial savings over insurance, once the costs of co-pays, out-of-network coverage, and deductibles are considered.
· As a client, you deserve to know that your insurance provider requires that you (or your family member) receive a psychiatric diagnosis for therapy (such as major depressive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, bipolar disorder, substance-
related disorders, etc.). Once a diagnosis enters the insurance system, it exists in your file for an extended period of time. This reduces your level of privacy and
confidentiality in several ways. Your files may be provided if you apply for life or
disability insurance. Your files may be requested for review as part of certain job
applications. Additionally, insurance companies have numerous people examining
your files: people who authorize payment, track your progress, audit psychotherapy practices, etc., and all of these employees have access to your personal information.
· In contrast, private pay insures that your personal information remains private and does not leave the office, except in cases required by law. While private pay means paying out of pocket for sessions, we will always work together to make decisions in your best interest and to support your financial needs.
Serviced rendered may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully as a member by asking the following questions:
· Do I have mental health benefits?
· What is my deductible and has it been met?
· How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
· How much does my plan cover for an out-of-network provider?
· What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
· Is approval required from my primary care physician?
If you are not able to attend your appointment or need to change the time/date of your session, please contact me by phone in order to reschedule. Except in cases of emergency or illness, if you have not given me at least 24 hours advance notice before changing your appointment, you will be charged the full session fee.
309 Tanner St.
Carrollton, GA 30117